We recently went to Colombia to have a family vacation and visit my parents before my Dad retires. Everyone except Peter came and stayed for a week, while I stayed for 2 weeks. So did Ben, who had minor surgery down there. We had a lot of fun hanging out together!

The adults went out and had some traditional Colombia cuisine at an old colonial house-turned restaurant in Bogota. Austin kept ordering fruit drinks they never brought it to him!

We went up to Monserate, a monastery that overlooks the city. It was a pretty steep gondola ride to the top.


We went out to a more tropical region for a few days and stayed with my parents friends. Cute newlyweds!

Having some poolside fun!

I was trying to shield my eyes because it was so bright. My Mom thought it looked like I was saluting. I was trying not to go blind!

We went out for ice cream one night and had some sundaes with fresh fruit. They put shredded mozzarella cheese on top. It was a little strange.

Look at this monster yawn I caught Luke doing. He was so tired from a day of swimming and running around.

Coming back, we bought some roadside pineapple.

The Buseta gave up on us on the way back to Bogota. We were stuck in a small town for about 4 hours. We stuck out quite a bit, to say the least.

We stopped at a roadside restaurant that had arepas, platinos, lots of different grilled meat and potatoes. We shared a big ol' platter of everything.


With Antonio, our driver and the coolest Colombian I know!

Group photo! There was a really nice view from here.
2 comments:
You missed your first quarter post! LOL Your trip looks awesome! Mozzarella on ice cream? God bless America! So are you still watching Lost? Can't believe it's almost over.
I know, I'm a lazy blogger. It's been winter! ;) Yeah still watching Lost, got caught up on in last night after being away for two weeks. still love it!
Post a Comment