Monday, November 22, 2010

New House Pics!

I promised some new house pics and here they are! I've done a lot of decorating, mainly painted. Just keep in mind when you look at these that all the walls were white before. I have mostly just done the downstairs. And I plan to do more with it too, but am taking a break for now. Enjoy!


Exterior, this is an old shot when they weren't quite finished with the grass, but it is what the house looks like!
Ok, so when you come in there is a front room to your right. This is what it looks like so far. The couches were old and ugly so I covered them. The bigger one just has a throw over it, but the love seat I did more of a reupholstery on it. I re-did all the pillows too.Those little dark wood chests on the floor are from Colombia.

I did that painting myself.
this is in the hall opposite the front room. a nice little bench to sit and take your shoes off.
Straight down the hall is the dining room, which opens up the the living room on the left and the kitchen on the right
Close up on the flower stencil. I hand made the actual stencil for this

Living room. I'd love to have a nice, new big sectional, but our current couch works for now.

Dining Room into the Kitchen

Kitchen pics. I painted and did the tile work on the backsplash.


And here's the stairs leading up stairs. I painted the stripes. I might change them later.
This is part of the half bath downstairs. Its hard to get a good pic of the whole room because its so small. The theme was WWII Navy. I always wanted a Colbalt blue bath!


Cool poster I picked up at the Army-Navy Store

This is something else I did and its in the small hallway that leads to the half bath.

Well, hope you like them! It been alot of work, but its not done yet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks SO GOOD! I love the cobalt blue bath, very cool. Did you use the stencil and then paint the colors in, or is it a cut vinyl cutout? I love the green kitchen too!

Molly said...

the stencil I drew on a blank sheet of thin plastic from the craft store and cut out the design with a special tool. Then I taped it to the wall and used paint to fill it in. I'm glad you like it!

TheMoonlightLady said...

Wow Molly! This is the first time I've seen you blog, and holy crap you have some mad house decorating skills!! I didn't know you bought a house! That is so great!!! It looks awesome! Well done! -Becca