Saturday, January 22, 2011

Craftyness- Pillows!

So my project this week was redoing all the pillows in my front room and on the bench in the entry. I redesigned them and actually sewed them, before they were just held together by glue and safety pins. I don't like using my sewing machine that much because I can never get the tension right. Its either was too loose or a little bit too tight, enough to cause the thread to break and pop out of the needle. It takes more time to finish when you have to re thread the needle every 5 minutes. Anyway, here is how they turned out.


this one took the longest, all those ruffles are time consuming!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, those are a-DORABLE! One day I want to be a grown up and have grown up things. Maybe I should start by making some pillows for our couch! Lightbulb.

hillary said...

Nice work! I especially love the yellow one with the ruffles down the middle! Isn't it great to make stuff?!

Molly said...

yeah, pillows are pretty easy to do. I suppose I could have bought new ones, but I really like being able to make things. Glad that you like them!

PetersonsWorld said...

They are so cute! If you were to buy them you would probably pay 15-20 dollars per pillow and that's at some place cheap like Target or Walmart. You are so talented!

Help Us Adopt said...

You are awesome! You should make things on etsy.com an sell them