Monday, November 17, 2008

Hawaii pics

We just got back from spending a week in Hawaii on Seth's company vacation. We had a great time and did lots of stuff. Here are some pics. This first one we are at Hanauma Bay, where we went snorkeling.


Here we are at Pearl Harbor.  Here I am being the Gunner's mate, something my grandpa actually did in WWII.
view of the harbor
taking a tour of the USS Bowfin Submarine- close quarters!

At the Temple


At the Polynesian Cultural Center- Here's a Samoan climbing a coconut tree.
We went out on a catamaran snorkling tour- notice the rainbow in the background!
Hanging loose at waikiki beach
messing around at the Dole Pinnaple Plantation
Seth liked the plantation gardens a little too much..
Those buildings look familiar? Its the YMCA camp where they filmed the other's village on Lost. It was one of my favorite things we did because I was hoping to find it and we did! Its pretty easy, its right off the main road along North Shore. I was so excited about it! They sure did a good job of making it look isolated in the show!
more proof it was the "other's village"
we enjoyed shave ice at the famous M. Matsumotos Store on North Shore. I guess its famous because you can get it with ice cream and get this, beans. Seth tryed it with the beans and it pretty much tastes like how you would imagine ice cream and beans would taste together.
i loved my non-bean shave ice and ice cream
at the luau Seth's company foot the bill for. there was lots of fun activities as well as the meal and show including..
Tatooing! Seth went all out with the face tatoo..no worries, it washed off fine!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw, looks like you guys had a blast!

miss mae said...

You are soo cute!

hillary said...

Well I'm thoroughly jealous! How fun!!! And you guys look great! Your comment about the shaved ice & beans made me laugh. That sounds disgusting!

Melannie said...

I like the molly pineapple and seth making out with the flowers ;) looks like you had fun